[RFC] IPC64 with glibc-2.2 and linux-2.4

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel at lauterbach.com
Mon Sep 25 06:50:44 EST 2000

Hi,

I would like to ask the PPC (and PPC64) kernel and glibc developers to look
closely over the appended glibc and kernel patches.

I'm especially interested in:
- did I get the alignment and data types right everywhere? also right for
PPC64?
- I would like to bump ipc64_perm.seq to 32bit as it is internally in
linux-2.4. Is this safe for userspace? Why didn't the other archs bump it to
the kernels size?
- other comments?

This stuff fixes the last "showstopper" bug for glibc-2.2 on PPC, now xf4
works fine on a linux-2.4 kernel too.

Franz.