Compile errors on kernel source from ppc.samba.org::linux-pmac-stable

Robert M. Fuhrer rmf at asgard.cs.columbia.edu
Sat Sep 23 14:10:55 EST 2000

I rsync'ed twice from ppc.samba.org, and although it clearly got many
files (the first time around), the source wouldn't compile.  The first of
many batches of errors cropped up in

  drivers/block/ll_rw_blk.c

which sees no definition of the type 'elevator_t', as well as a few other
"elevator"-related types.

Granted, I rsync'ed on top of an existing 2.2.15pre9 source tree, but I
gave rsync the "--delete" and "-u" flags, which I thought should have
given me a fairly clean and up-to-date tree.  No?

The precise rsync cmd I used was

  rsync -avuz ppc.samba.org::linux-pmac-stable .

If my rsync cmd was ok, am I wrong in expecting the linux-pmac-stable
tree to compile cleanly?

Or, failing all of the above, what's wrong?