PowerPC simulator

David Edelsohn dje at watson.ibm.com
Sat Sep 23 07:36:38 EST 2000

>>>>> Ryan T Boder writes:

Ryan> What's available to use for playing with assembly language on my G4? I
Ryan> am familiar with MIPS and IA/32 but not PowerPC. Is there a simulator
Ryan> for LinuxPPC? I have used SPIM on Solaris before but that's about it.

	PSIM, written by Andrew Cagney, is distributed with GDB.  A number
of architecture simulators are distributed in the gdb "sim" subdirectory.

	There also is a PowerPC version of Stanford's SimOS simulator
developed by IBM's Austin Research Lab which we are working to get
released.

David
David Edelsohn                                      T.J. Watson Research Center
dje at watson.ibm.com                                  P.O. Box 218
+1 914 945 4364 (TL 862)                            Yorktown Heights, NY 10598