PCMCIA card eject does not work?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Sat Sep 23 03:56:53 EST 2000

>Thanks for your links... Your patches do indeed eject a CardBus card on my
>Wallstreet. Great! However, I think the mechanics is a little problematic on
>this box, as the card sometimes seems to have contact to the connector
>after the
>eject. This leads to an immediate re-recognition of the card, and as the
>contact
>is everything but perfect, I get a panic. Maybe I try to file more than one
>eject command to the PMU and see what happens...

Here, 2.4 may help. I think the PCMCIA layer has some de-bouncing
mecanism, and inb/outb should no longer cause a panic when accessing non-
existent HW. For memory-mapped devices, you may still have a problem,
which could be solved by the oops patch (in linuxppc_2_5 but not in _2_3
yet) which would cause the driver to oops rather than panic (well, in
most cases...)

Ben.