IBM PowerPC Linux Source Trees (draft)

dwayne at austin.ibm.com dwayne at austin.ibm.com
Thu Sep 21 08:58:02 EST 2000

The IBM PowerPC Team is now maintaining several PowerPC Linux
kernel source trees which represent IBM's current efforts on PowerPC
Linux. Information about these trees is available at:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux/projects/ppc/code.php

We intend to be in sync with the PowerPC Linux community and do not
want to break any platform with our changes. Members of our team
will be participating in linuxppc-dev and linuxppc-workstation on
lists.linuxppc.org.

We have stable and development source trees for both Linux 2.2 and
Linux 2.4.  The stable versions will have been tested to some degree on
some set of hardware. The degree of testing will be nominal initially
but improving over time. The development versions may not compile or have
incomplete function. Information on specific machines is available at:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux/projects/ppc/models.php

The trees are available via BitKeeper. To obtain the trees use the following
commmands:

bk clone bk://oss.software.ibm.com:8000 stable_2_2
bk clone bk://oss.software.ibm.com:8001 dev_2_2
bk clone bk://oss.software.ibm.com:8002 stable_2_4
bk clone bk://oss.software.ibm.com:8003 dev_2_4

If you do not have BitKeeper it may be obtained from BitMover at:

http://www.bitmover.com/

In addition rsync versions of the trees will be provided in the future.

If you find a bug or have a patch to submit, please use use the ppclinux
project on sourceforge.net. This project is available at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ppclinux/

IBM's PowerPC Linux page is available at:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux/projects/ppc/

Dwayne & Tom

Dwayne Grant McConnell		work:  dwayne at austin.ibm.com
Linux/PowerPC Team		home:  dgm69 at austin.rr.com