__ioremap_at() in 2.4.0-test9-pre2

Roman Zippel zippel at fh-brandenburg.de
Thu Sep 21 07:22:54 EST 2000

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Dan Malek wrote:

> None of the embedded PowerPCs use a hash table, and the Book E
> processors don't either.  We avoid using the hash table when given
> the option, like 603s.  The "hardware assist" and subsequent hash
> table is a PITA for Linux VM, and Cort has documented the performance
> benefits of not using it.

Oh, I forgot about that part. On m68k we have special init functions for
that, which use alloc_bootmem_low_pages(). It maybe should be splitted for
ppc too, so that we have a special (and very simple) remap function, that
is only used during very early initialization and all the mem_init_done
checks could be removed.

bye, Roman