PCMCIA card eject does not work?

T.R. Kobayashi tkoba at ike-dyn.ritsumei.ac.jp
Wed Sep 20 19:40:30 EST 2000

> I am currently playing with PCMCIA/Cardbus stuff on several machines. On the
> Wallstreet, there is no "manual" way to eject a card (except with a paper clip).
> I added a patch by Harald Roelle to the pcmcia package which talks to the pmu to
> do this (see http://www.roelle.com/wvlanPPC/data/pcmcia-3.1.17-pmac.patch).
> Although the software talks to the PMU (I added a few debug lines to via_pmu.c),
> the card is _not_ ejected. Were there any recent changes in the pmu stuff? I use
> Ben's latest stable test kernel (2.2.17pre20-ben3). Any ideas how I could track
> down the problem?

Harald Roelle's pcmcia-3.1.17-pmac.patch does not work well on my PB2400c.
I fixed this problem and wrote usb_cb.c for CardBus USB OHCI cards.
These functions may be available, as you use following sources.

http://www.ike-dyn.ritsumei.ac.jp/~tkoba/linuxppc/patches/2.2.18pre4-pb-mol-usb.diff
against Ben's kernel
http://kernel.xorsis.com/source/linux-pmac-benh.tar.gz (Sep. 12 2000)

http://www.ike-dyn.ritsumei.ac.jp/~tkoba/linuxppc/patches/pcmcia-cs-3.1.20-usb-pmac.tar.bz2