__ioremap_at() in 2.4.0-test9-pre2

Roman Zippel zippel at fh-brandenburg.de
Wed Sep 20 05:31:24 EST 2000

Hi,

> OK.  On the 8xx, I currently rely on the effect that ioremap will
> map virt->phys 1:1 before the kernel VM is initialized.

I'm curious, what needs ioremap before the VM is ready?

> Mapping through BATs usually covers most of this, but more processors
> arriving (the IBM 4xx) don't have BATs either so we rely on page
> tables of some sort.

Shouldn't it be possible, to add such stuff directly to the hash table
and add the official mapping later?
BTW the whole mm stuff really needs a big cleanup, but I don't really want
to touch it, as I could only test this on my APUS machine, which has only
the CPU in common with the other machines.

bye, Roman