XFree86 4.0 auf imac dv

Thomas Graichen news-innominate.list.linux.ppc.dev at innominate.de
Sun Sep 17 01:05:33 EST 2000

Thomas Graichen <news-innominate.list.linux.ppc.dev at innominate.de> wrote:

> does anyone here have XFree86 4 running suscessfully on a imac dv (or
> blueberry which should be basically the same)? - i ask because i tried
> the DRI test server from michael daenzer and get problems with the
> screen: it shows only the left half and also shows this half again
> on the right side - the mousecursor is moving fine over the full
> screen btw.

> some more details about the setup: latest paulus kernel, XF86Config
> standard for a r128 card (the card is an 8mb r128 rl) - if you need
> any more information please let me know ...

> so has anyone else seen this too or has it working on a similar
> machine ... i just wanted to know this before i start looking
> deeper

ok - it works with an own built tree of XFree86 4.0.1 plus the
ppc additions mentioned at linuxppc.org

question: is all the r128 ppc dri stuff in that tree (rsync
penguinppc.org::xfree86-pmac) too or are there any extra patches
required to get it working?

a lot of thanks in advance

thomas.graichen at innominate.de
technical director                                       innominate AG
clustering & security                                networking people
tel: +49.30.308806-13  fax: -77                   http://innominate.de