Speech Recogniton

Geiser, Ian geiseri at msoe.edu
Sat Sep 16 00:17:50 EST 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Timothy A. Seufert wrote:

> At 4:57 AM -0400 9/14/00, Michael Norton wrote:
> >hi,
> >
> >Do any libraries exist that allow me to use the Apple Speech recognition
> >hardware under LinuxPPC?
>
> Sorry, there is no hardware (aside from a simple digitizer to capture
> the sound of course).  Apple's speech recognition is 100% software.
>
> The original implementation on 68K Macs used an AT&T DSP coprocessor
> to do the crunching because the 68K didn't have enough oomph to do it
> by itself, but the PowerPC implementation relies on nothing but the
> CPU.

	on the off chance that you can get sound input
	to work under LinuxPPC (i have a pimiso pb so it cant AFAIK)
	try checking on freshmeat.  There are a few programs
	that can do voice control.  One of them is called voicecontrol
	i think.

	I have only played with festival which can to Text to speech.

	-ian reinhart geiser

| Ian Reinhart Geiser - Computer Engineering Student|
| HOME: <geiseri at msoe.edu>                          |
| WORK: <geiseri at linuxppc.com>                      |
| WEB:  http://www.msoe.edu/~geiseri                |