New topic (PowerPC Linux PCI HELL)

bob at kunk.jriver.com bob at kunk.jriver.com
Fri Sep 15 13:19:09 EST 2000

Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech at suse.cz> wrote:

> The same happens for OHCI on new Macs. The correct function to use is:

> pci_enable_device(dev);

> This function will enable the i/o, mem and irqs, and assign them if they
> were not assigned for some reason, too.

> And you should use it on any PCI device you want to use before using
> it, on all architectures. Also check its return value.

> --
> Vojtech Pavlik
> SuSE Labs

This comment is from my experience with the Rocketport driver port to PPC.

pci_enable_device() is a do nothing call in 2.2.x kernels. It is defined
and supposedly working in 2.3.x/2.4.x kernels. On my 7200, hacks to
enabled verious PCI devices are required with 2.2.x kernels.

Bob
--
Robert E. Brose II    N0QBJ
http://www.jriver.com/~bob/