per-fb mmap for platinumfb and valkyriefb in 2.4

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Thu Sep 14 07:36:58 EST 2000

Hi all,

Below is the per-fb mmap implementation I already posted here for
controlfb, but this time for the other two powermacfb drivers:
valkyriefb and platinumfb.

Patch is against Paul's rsync tree at 2.4.0-test7, but since I don't
expect much change in this area it should apply equally well to anything
more recent ;-)

Since I don't have any of these hardware devices, it's untested. If you
do test, expect a 2-to-4-times performance boost on scrolling:

[mlan at piglet ~]$ x11perf -scroll500

I get around 35/sec on controlfb at 1152x870 at 32bpp with XF4.0; around
9/sec without the optimized caching in the mmap().

Have fun!

Michel

PS Will appear on sourceforge soon.....

L-1710 Luxembourg              |