zeroing pages in the idle task?

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Wed Sep 13 17:08:55 EST 2000

Hi Paul,

On  13 Sep, this message from Paul Mackerras echoed through cyberspace:
> Michel Lanners writes:
>
>> clock           : 195MHz
>>                   ^^^^^^
>> (by the way, this is wrong. Anybody with a fix?)
>
> I'm pretty sure that this is the number that OF is telling us, so if
> it's wrong, blame OF.  You don't have a G3 upgrade card in an older
> machine perhaps?

Yes, right. And I've seen OF report this before, and indeed, this info
comes out of OF.

> Since the only use of this number is for oohs and aahs, there's not a
> lot of motivation to try and work out if OF is wrong and work out the
> correct number.

Somebody might want to unify and come up with a routine that can
calculate clock frequency across all PPC machines. I don't know if
something like this can be done with only the processor, and no
motherboard hardware support...

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |