Getting patches in (was: Re: Roles for distributions)

Paul Mackerras paulus at linuxcare.com.au
Wed Sep 13 14:47:50 EST 2000

Benjamin Herrenschmidt writes:

> The latest batch of PPC patches sent by Paul, AFAIK, didn't appear in
> Linus test8 (was it rejected ? I don't know)

I sent a couple of patches to Linus plus several patches to the
maintainers of other parts of the kernel (ide, usb, fb drivers etc.)
No reply from Linus and the patches didn't go in.  That's pretty
standard. :-(

Paul.

--
Paul Mackerras, Senior Open Source Researcher, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990 tel, +61 2 6262 8991 fax