Roles for distributions

Hollis R Blanchard hollis+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 12 05:16:18 EST 2000

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 03:52:16PM -0400, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
> > Why aren't the current PPC linux distributions putting full time developers
> > on key projects?
>
> Kevin, with due respect, I don't see how you can post something like
> this and NOT expect to get flamed hard in return.

I don't see this at all. It's a simple question. And as Daniel explained, a
simple answer - there's not enough money. Nothing to flame about there...

And given that Hendricks has done a hell of a lot more than most users put
together, clearly the "freeloader" attack was just ridiculous.

I work for YDL, so you'd think I should be all offended... but I'm not and I
really don't see the fuss. If there was more money around, clearly hiring a
fulltime hacker to take care of little things like glibc and the toolchain
would be a good plan. But there isn't, so that hasn't happened. That's all.

-Hollis