newer xfree86 4.0.1 patches

Roman Zippel zippel at fh-brandenburg.de
Sat Sep 9 21:16:43 EST 2000

Hi,

> > We have a CVS repository at SourceForge. Roman Zippel integrates bitkeeper
> > into it, but unfortunately we don't have anyone for the reverse direction.
> > How could that be done?
>
> Via Linus probably, but in this special case we could arrange something.

Most of the changes are in the ppc subtree, so I would rather like to see
if they would go through one of the ppc trees, so they don't break
anything. On the other hand they also need a small cleanup especially some
mm part, as APUS is the only ppc machine where the memory doesn't start at
zero, but here I'm currently still looking for some strange bug - all
kernel virtual doesn't work (ioremap, vmalloc), but at least vmalloc did
work and I see nothing in the changes, what could have broken it, so I'm
still hunting...

bye, Roman