newer xfree86 4.0.1 patches

Michel Dänzer daenzerm at student.ethz.ch
Fri Sep 8 02:09:59 EST 2000

Franz Sirl wrote:

> > > On my TODO list, I still have to make chrp_setup.c and prep_setup.c use
> > > machid_init_hw() and friends in machid.c.
> >
> >While you're at it, can you do apus_setup.c as well please?
>
> Sure I can, but APUS doesn't use either ADB or PS2 keyboards, or?

No.

> I'm not quite sure about the following:
>
> - does Apus have it's own keycodes?

Yes, I think so. At least we need our own keymaps.

> If not, do you currently use ADB or AT keycodes?
> - what's the keycode situation in XF3/4 for Apus?

AFAIK it isn't very clean with either, the best bet is still to disable Xkb.

> - if your developer repository for 2.4 is different from BK linuxppc_2_3,
> did you integrate your input layer drivers in your trees and plan to submit
> them for 2.4?

We have a CVS repository at SourceForge. Roman Zippel integrates bitkeeper
into it, but unfortunately we don't have anyone for the reverse direction. How
could that be done?

> If you want to keep the current state of affairs I can see in the
> linuxppc_2_3 tree, there's not much point in using machid.c, AFAICS. On the
> other hand, if you plan to integrate your input drivers into 2.4, it makes
> perfect sense.

I think it would be nice, but to be honest I don't fully understand what would
be involved.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project