question about 'r2' !!!

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Sep 7 22:16:52 EST 2000

> > If you're unable to use gcc for building your kernels, ....
>
> With the gcc/gas specific syntax, and the reliance on gcc inline
> assembler, there is lots of work to do to make something else
> compile this software in any case.

I know. He's been advised to forget compiling the kernel with that other
compiler numerous times on this list. He happily seems to ignore that
advice and try it anyway, so who am I to dissuade someone from a great
learning experience?

> Then, all you have done is the easy part, which is getting a kernel
> to boot.  What about applications, libraries and other tools that
> actually make a system do something?

I'd assume that you can just use any old distribution (unless you broke
binary compatibility).

	Michael