asm in OF? YES!

Bruce Anderson brucea at spacestar.net
Fri Sep 1 09:41:14 EST 2000

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 2:52 AM, Gabriel Paubert <mailto:paubert at iram.es>
wrote:

>You've just got to love OF portability across machines and architecture
>independance :-( Add to this the fact that I have somewhere a FirmWorks
>document which claims that on PPC the top of the stack is always in r28,
>r20/r21 are scratch registers. r31 is still the stack pointer (and r30 the
>return stack AFAIR).

Your asumption about OF portability is in error. Apple does not
use FirmWorks OF code.  Apple created their own "OF" version that
resembles FirmWorks OF vocabulary.

" Stamp out root logins .  .  .  . su "   --Bruce Anderson
 This message was created and sent using Cyberdog 2.0, MacOS 8.6,
 awk, find, sed, sendmail, sh, and NetBSD a free Multi-Platform OS.