2.4 problems

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Fri Sep 1 08:30:46 EST 2000

On  31 Aug, this message from Dan Malek echoed through cyberspace:

> Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
>> Haven't seen that.
>
> My 7200 won't even boot.....

And my G3-graded 7600 will only boot one out of 10-20 tries. The other
times, it dies at random places somewhere in init/main.c. When it does
boot up, it dies awfully while processing the rc scripts, with the oops
not showing any apparent problem. That crash is evil, since all
partitions except root will appear to be clean when in fact they are
not.

Which means major havoc will start to appear on my disks if I don't
force an immediate clean fsck....

I'd help debug the 2.4 kernels further, if I could get past these two
problems.... I've just now re-rsync'ed Paul's tree, lets see if there's
any difference....

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |