2.4 problems

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 1 07:36:23 EST 2000

Dan Malek wrote:

> Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> > Haven't seen that.
>
> My 7200 won't even boot.....

On my 6400, both bk-test8 and pmac-devel-test7 are running nicely. The
one major problem is random sudden freezes that can happen after some
minutes or after 3 days and which have been reported a couple of times
by others, too. It is like the ADB interrupt dies. There are no
messages, the computer is still alive, it goes on compiling or
downloading, and today I even could ssh in over the net, but locally,
keyboard and mouse are dead, even MagicSysRq, the only working key combo
is ctrl-cmd-power :-(

I never saw this with 2.2.X kernels (not recently, in any case).

--
Martin