2.2.18pre17 again

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Tue Oct 31 17:49:32 EST 2000

Hi Paul.

On  26 Oct, this message from Paul Mackerras echoed through cyberspace:
> I have updated my rsync trees with some more changes to my current
> 2.2.18pre17 source

There are a few patches on sourceforge that you might consider for the
2.2.18 kernel release:

- per-fb mmap for controlfb: this one has worked well for everybody who
tested it, and gives a decent speed increase:

https://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=101236&group_id=8234

- better processor configuration in head.S. This is basicallz a copz of
  what is already done in 2.4:

https://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=101403&group_id=8234

- macserial proc additions and cleanups:

https://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=101410&group_id=8234

- ICTC support in the sysctl interface:

https://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=101484&group_id=8234

- kernel compilation independant of the /usr/src/linux path (however,
  this patches the top-level Makefile as well...):

https://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=101549&group_id=8234

I have one or two other things (not of any particular importance); if I
get around to making a patch in the next days, I'll send them along.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |