lombard ethernet

Josh Huber huber at mclx.com
Fri Oct 27 01:23:58 EST 2000

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 07:10:06AM -0700, David Brown wrote:
> I began experiencing the same problem on my Lombard as soon as I switched
> to a 100Base-T hub.  It expecially seems to happen when I transfer a lot of
> data.  I'm using a fixed IP address, so it doesn't seem to be related to
> anything like that.  I think the driver itself stops either sending or
> receiving packets.

Hmm, that's interesting.  I hadn't thought about that.  At home I have
a 10b-t network and things work fine there.

At work, I'm hooked up to a 100 b-t switch on my desk, and this is
where things die.

Maybe as a test I could force the bmac driver to use 10bt?

ttyl,

--
Josh Huber                               | huber at nightshade.org |
1024D/6B21489A 61F0 6138 BE7B FEBF A223  E9D1 BFE1 2065 6B21 489A