Is the difference in IRQ maps between 2.4/2.2 intentional?

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Wed Oct 25 07:38:56 EST 2000

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 09:15:44AM -0700, Vitaly Luban wrote:

> Hi folks !
>
> Maybe anybody will enlighten me, is the difference between
> IRQ maps initialization (arch/ppc/kernel/prep_pci.c) in 2.4
> and 2.2 intentional or not? The difference is in that for
>
> Mesquite_pci_IRQ_map,
> Sitka_pci_IRQ_map,
> MTX_pci_IRQ_map,
> MTXplus_pci_IRQ_map and
> Genesis2_pci_IRQ_map
>
> some fields have been initialised for 2.2.16 and zero for 2.4.

Look at all of prep_pci.c and you'll see that many board specific
PCI changes were made in the linuxppc_2_2 tree that have not
yet been merged up to linuxppc_2_3.  It is in the plan, however.

The map changes are benign cruft from a set of changes I merged
in a long time ago.  It was a hack to place 0x1e value at the
PIB's IDSEL for some IDE fixups that aren't really necessary.

Now you know the whole story. :)

--
Matt Porter
MontaVista Software, Inc.