ppc_ide_md.insw

Neil Russell caret at c-side.com
Fri Oct 20 19:31:35 EST 2000

They are used by macros in include/asm-ppc/ide.h called "insw" and "outsw".
I know they are called because I have traced them.  You can just fix the
versions in the arch/ppc/kernel directory to do what you want.

Normally, there is logic to convert 16-bit accesses from a CPU into a pair
of 8-bit accesses for IDE (a hangover from the ISA bus).  Our hardware does
this but I'm not entirely convinced that this is necessary.  Anyhow, if you
are using one of the PPCs in the 8xx family, or the 8260 you can define a
chip select line for IDE that has an 8-bit bus width, obviating any need
to change software.

Neil

--
Neil Russell <caret at c-side.com>