video mirroring mode + acrobat reader

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Fri Oct 20 01:22:32 EST 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> > >
> > > Acroread is ia-32 only.  It is binary, closed source software.  Unless you
> > > can convince Adobe to release a PPC version or port it yourself via an
> > > NDA, the answer is to use xpdf.
> >
> > Don't they have an AIX version around ? I have the HP-UX one for sure.
>
> How well does the AIX version run under Linux/PPC? :-)

Well, I don't know. I don't have access to any AIX box, but some
linker scripts were changed (start address raised to 256Mo=0x10000000) for
reasons of similarity with AIX or so. Ask Cort, he did the changes, so he
must have had a good reason to do it.

Maybe Linux/PPC binaries can be made to run under AIX ?

	Gabriel.