initial console

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Wed Oct 18 21:20:31 EST 2000

	Hi,

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Xavier Grave wrote:

> I have the following message at boot :
>
> Freeing unused kernel memory: 220k init 12k pmac 4k chrp 4k openfirmware
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.
> Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.
> Rebooting in 180 seconds..
>
> if I give this argument init=/sbin/init it's the same.

CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE is missing ?
console=ttyS0 in the kernel boot args ?

> Also hen I try to enable virtual terminual I have the following very early:
>
> TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 4096)
> Starting kswapd v1.8
> pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF).
> pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF).
> and so on...

Expected with an MVME2300.

	Gabriel

P.S:  I still don't understand why my bootloader would not properly
reconfigure the PCI resources to give you access to the SCSI board.
Do you have somewhere a printout of the bootlog, it should list all the
PCI resources before and after reorganization.