If not CONFIG_ALL_PPC, you're broken

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Wed Oct 18 02:28:49 EST 2000

Matt Porter wrote:

> My solution for creating a slim embedded PPC kernel in 2.2 was to
> stub out all the calls to Mac/CHRP specific routines that were made
> in head.S and setup.c.

I think that is fine, but we have lost the configuration options that
indicate this should happen.  I first want to get a set of options
that makes sense, rework the code so we can selectively build the
kernels again (with CONFIG_ALL_PPC a sum of the options), and be able
to select processor core/processor type separately (i.e. I need to
select CONFIG_6xx and CONFIG_8260 at the same time...there are more
of these coming from both Mot and IBM).

	-- Dan