[linux-fbdev] Re: Video driver bug

Brad Douglas Brad at NERUO.com
Tue Oct 17 05:21:29 EST 2000

Most of us still have a need to know the last (previous) active console.
Maybe change info->currcon to info->lastcon?  Or does the API already give
us the info we need?

I apologize in advance for not looking into this myself.

Brad Douglas
brad at neruo.com
http://www.linux-fbdev.org

-----Original Message-----
From: James Simmons

> While we are at it, I beleive we should also change atyfb.c so that
> currcon is no longer a global. My understanding is that can break
multihead.

That is not the only thing broken for multihead support. The softback code
is severly broken. Also why don't we use the display_fg field in fb_info
instead. display_fg->vc_num is already their is it's more multihead
friendly. IMO real multihead support shoudl wait until 2.5.X since it
needs a pretty big cleanup.