dual head r128

Josh Huber huber at mclx.com
Sat Oct 14 04:16:35 EST 2000

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 12:48:33AM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > I'll also upgrade to 2.4 to see if that makes a difference.
> >
> > btw, dmesg shows that the fbcon system only detected one card -- the
> > AGP one.
>
> That should work better with a 2.4 kernel. Anyway, have you used two
> video=aty128fb: ?

I tried this, and also tried the 2.4 kernel, with no luck.  2.4 spit
out some messages about pci assignments, but other than that, no other
framebuffer devices were configured, and X didn't function as
expected.

But, someone mentioned later in this thread, there might be a problem
with using a PC video card on ppc because of #ifdef __powerpc__'s in
ani patches?

Thanks for the help,

--
Josh