dual head r128

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Thu Oct 12 08:01:18 EST 2000

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Josh Huber wrote:

> Of note is the:
> c000:00b9: 63 ILLEGAL X86 OPCODE!
>
> line in x.log, when trying to run int10 on the secondary card.

Hmmm, 0x63 is the opcode for arpl, a protected mode only instruction which
is related to (shudder) segments and their protection model. If you reach
this code, it might be an emulator bug (but I gave up trying to understand
Xfree's emulator), but I can't remember (and I got rid of my XFree sources
because I needed the disk space for something else) if there is a way to
put a breakpoint in the emulated ROM and step (emulated) instruction by
instruction.

	Gabriel.