dual head r128

Josh Huber huber at mclx.com
Thu Oct 12 05:52:49 EST 2000

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 08:43:28PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> I don't think that's the cause, it fails much later.

That is true, but I thought that if perhaps int10 wasn't able to init
the card fully, that it might cause problems later.  Let's assume
that's not a problem for the moment though :)

> Have you built X yourself? If yes, you need patches from Ani Joshi. The memory
> and clock values it probes are obviously bogus.

> Wait a minute, I see you are using debs, which should contain Ani's stuff.
> Does aty128fb work on the second card? If yes, try Option "UseFBDev".

Yeah, I'm using the debs, but it looks like the latest xserver-xfree86
ppc packages are still at phase2v5, while the other packages are up to
phase2v15.  Perhaps the code is just a little too old?

BTW, no...I don't have aty128fb working on the secondary head -- is
there some option to tell the driver to scan for all cards?  does it
do this by default?

The secondary card is a PC card, so it's not initialized by OF, but I
think the r128 fb driver does a proper initialization of the card, so
that shouldn't be the problem.

btw, I'm using the debian kernel that shipped with potato -- perhaps I
should try a newer one?  ben's or a 2.4 kernel perhaps?

Thanks,
--
Josh
| huber at mclx.com |