call_prom & call_method_1

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Tue Oct 10 11:06:22 EST 2000

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 jcarr at linuxppc.org wrote:

> 1) Does anyone know what other strings can be sent to call_prom besides
> "getprop", "findpackage", "interpret"?

If you go to /openprom/client-interface or something like this (I'm away
from my OF machines at the moment), you can list these commands with
words. These are the methods of this package.

> 2) Are those strings words within OF that can been looked at with see?

AFAIR yes, but they won't tell you much. Very often they are short
wrappers around a known Forth word only playing with the stack to modify
the order of parameters and change the format of strings.

> 3) Can a phandle
>
> Nonetheless, without having a better correlation between the strings
> ("getprop", "setprop", "findpackage", "interpret") and what those strings
> do( and what other valid strings can be used ) it will be hard to receive
> feedback from the mouse.

Well, let me know if you want more info, but actually it's quite simple.

	Gabriel.