can't boot 2.4.0-t9

Topi Kanerva tkanerva at ees2.oulu.fi
Mon Oct 9 20:33:06 EST 2000

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Giuliano Pochini wrote:

>I can't boot kernel 2.4.0-test9 because it fails configuration
>of my scsi cards (resource collisions). The hack of removing the
>"return -EINVAL" I used in test7 doesn't work anymore.  Anyway,
>I'm just curious to know why there are not such problems in 2.2.

is this the plain 2.4.0-test9 or linuxcare devel version?
If I were you, I'd try to backport the test7 scsi code to make
the hack work again.
I don't know about the drivers/scsi stuff, because I have a pismo
(and hence no scsi), but for sure none of the 2.4.0-testx kernels
have worked for me in terms of X: if I start X (4.0.1c), the
lcd screen goes black, or then just completely wild.

Can anyone else with a pismo confirm this?

-topi