Video driver bug

Samuel Rydh samuel at ibrium.se
Sun Oct 8 10:34:31 EST 2000

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 01:50:49PM -0500, Takashi Oe wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>
> > > This problem is observable if one starts MOL from the console. MOL
> > > changes the video mode on an inactive console in order to extract
> > > certain video mode parameters (like rowbytes).
>
> Is there anything wrong with using FB_ACTIVATE_TEST flag for this usage?
> With the flag, you get a legal var and active fb is untouched.

Well, using the FB_ACTIVATE_TEST only tells me whether a particular
mode is acceptable or not. I need the information encoded in the
fix structure which is only available for the active mode.

/Samuel

 E-mail <samuel at ibrium.se>  WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470