Patch: PCI resource fixup for atyfb (was: Re: xf 4.0.1 + ati driver with rage II/rage pro)

Olaf Hering olh at suse.de
Tue Oct 3 07:47:03 EST 2000

On Mon, Oct 02, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > while we are about to improve the atyfb, is it possible to fix the color
> > depth switching?
> > When I boot without a kernel arg I end up with 8 bit at console. I can't
> > increase the color depth afterwards with fbset, and mol crashes when it
> > tries to do that. When I specify atyfb:cmode:24 everythings works fine
> > and I can switch down to 8 and back to 24 and mol starts fine.
>
> Does it also crash when you increase the color depth with fbset?

It was not clear enough: I can not fbset when I have only 8 bit. But XF4
can increase the color depth, maybe it does that in a different way?

plum:~ # fbset

mode "1024x768-60"
    # D: 64.666 MHz, H: 48.115 kHz, V: 59.696 Hz
    geometry 1024 768 1024 4080 8
    timings 15464 144 40 29 3 136 6
    accel true
    rgba 8/0,8/0,8/0,0/0
endmode

plum:~ # fbset -depth 24
ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS