controlfb problem (on XFree86-4.0.1 off the penguinppc.org deve lopment tree)

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Thu Nov 23 05:53:37 EST 2000

Hi all,

On  22 Nov, this message from Michel Dänzer echoed through cyberspace:
> AFAICS everything except the very last chunk (is it important?) of your patch
> has been integrated in one form or another into XFree86 CVS as a patch of mine
> (the one I asked you to test, Michel) was accepted. Have you looked at the
> XFree86 CVS lately?

No; I'm running XF precompiled from Franz's site, and the test modules
you asked about some time ago were binary incompatible to that XF
version. A long time ago I had an XF4 source tree in a 'compilable'
state; but that was 4.0. I then tried to patch it to 4.0.1, and failed
miserably ;-) It has remained in the same state since then...

Anyway, these patches getting integrated is good news. But I think right
now I'll patiently wait for RPMs rather than compile myself :-)

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |