whacked out 2.2.18preX - last gasp

Stefan Jeglinski jeglin at 4pi.com
Wed Nov 22 01:03:48 EST 2000

>  > I want 2.2.18 because it appears to have the full USB backport
>>  (according to linux-usb.org). Also AFAICT, the "backports" on
>
>The PPC source trees always had the 'full USB backport' (nothing else
>would work on PPC) for all I know.

Hmm, I've tried compiling in the USB stuff that's in 2.2.17. I have
to turn a lot more off than in 2.2.18 to get it to compile. I've also
been unsuccessful at getting my Logitech USB mouse + Orangelink USB
board to work under 2.2.17, but I can't tell if it's because I had to
turn certain things off. That's why I want 2.2.18 so bad, from what
I've read I'm lead to believe there's a good chance to get it
working. I know it's not a good measure, but the USB config in 2.2.18
seems much more complete (and has filled-in help text!) compared to
2.2.17.

I'll continue my daily compiles. Hopefully it will magically
disappear the same way it appeared.

Stefan Jeglinski