controlfb problem (on XFree86-4.0.1 off the penguinppc.org deve lopment tree)

Jens Tingleff jens_tingleff at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 22:35:37 EST 2000

Howdy!

--- Michel Lanners <mlan at cpu.lu> wrote: > Hi all,

> On  20 Nov, this message from Jens Tingleff echoed through
> cyberspace:
> > I had a look through the linuxppc-dev mailing list, and found a few
> > patches to controlfb. I collected a few and made them fit in (from
> > messages in September).
>
> I see those are patches to XFree. I have no problem with controlfb,
> running XFree 4.0.1 from fsirl's R5 RPMs on devel.linuxppc.org, with
> the
> exception of the screen being displaced to the right (IIRC).

I knew I was setting myself up for grief by getting the original
sources ;-)

> That problem I fixed for me with a patch you can find here:
>
> http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/linux/dev/xf4.html

Actually, I did roll this patch into my modifications. Could it be that
the development tree on penguinppc.org doesn't have these patches at
the moment?

Cheers

    Jens

=====
Key ID 0x09723C12, j.tingleff at ieee.org/jens_tingleff at yahoo.com
       Analogue filtering / HIPERLAN / MkLinux / odds and ends
http://www.imaginet.fr/~jensting/             +44 1223 211 585
 "You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" 'Dr Strangelove'

http://shopping.yahoo.com/