controlfb problem (on XFree86-4.0.1 off the penguinppc.org development tree)

Jens Tingleff jens_tingleff at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 11:23:10 EST 2000

Following up on message
http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-user/200011/msg00346.html ,

I had a look through the linuxppc-dev mailing list, and found a few
patches to controlfb. I collected a few and made them fit in (from
messages in September).

XFree86-4.0.1 base: xfree86-pmac tree off penguinppc (today) on top of
stock 4.0.1 .

the result is that I get Xwin (yay!), if only in 15bpp (no big problem)
-- I get various error messages if I mod the XF86Config to pick up a
smaller screen area and nigher depth. (Maybe the problem is that an
1152x870 virtual framebuffer is always allocated?). In 8bpp, I get a
very wrong picture (too green, two images side by side on top half
...).

Anyway, enclosed the patches that - at least - made me see Xwin, on
2.2.18pre17-ben1 kernel straight off penguinppc.

Cheers

    Jens

=====
Key ID 0x09723C12, j.tingleff at ieee.org/jens_tingleff at yahoo.com
       Analogue filtering / HIPERLAN / MkLinux / odds and ends
http://www.imaginet.fr/~jensting/             +44 1223 211 585
 "You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" 'Dr Strangelove'