AWACS sound support with 2.4.0-test10 from linuxcare.com

Keith W. Shaw keithws at fork.yi.org
Thu Nov 16 09:28:53 EST 2000

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Derrik Pates wrote:

> The AWACS support does noto work - if built in, it'll pick up an IRQ, and
> play about a half-second of sound if you try to use mpg123 with it. If I
> try to load it as a module, the init fails, then less thank 30 seconds
> after, it dies to a boot monitor. Is there a fix for this anywhere? I'l
> like to be able to use sound with this machine.

I was able to fix that problem by re-enabling "Support for CUDA
based PowerMacs" in "Macintosh device drivers" which i had zealously
turned off thinking i didn't need it. I had also disabled MacIO support,
but I'm not sure if that was it.  I now just leave all items in that sub
section selected.  Not absolutely sure, but that seemed to work for me.

> (This is on a Blue and white G3/250 tower.)
This was on a PowerBook G3 300Mhz (PDQ).

	keith.

:g/windows/s//linux/g