2.2.18pre18 kernel panic on Lombard

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Nov 9 19:14:02 EST 2000

> I'm trying to get my usb ports to work on my Lombard. I have 2.2.8pre17
> running OK but without USB or 3-button emulation working (in console or X).
> rsynced and compiled 2.2.18pre18 without problems but wind up in a kernel
> panic after loading the adb mouse handler and pty configuration (see
> below). Is this a problem with the new input layer (I don't seem to have
> /dev/input/) or a problem with the Lombard's usb ports?

Neither. I use a self compiled 2.2.18 and there's no such problem. At the
time where you see the panic, the kernel doesn't yet know about the root
filesystem, and consequently doesn't know about /dev/input/ either. What
sort of USB mouse are you using? Do you have both ADB mouse and USB HID
support configured?

	Michael