Lombard Sleep Crash (Was: 2.2.18pre17 again)

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Nov 9 07:35:39 EST 2000

> The rsync'ed 2.2.18pre17 kernel hangs if I try to wake up my Lombard after a
> sleep. Sleeping seems to work (the LED binks), but upon wakeup it just stops
> blinking, and nothing else. No reports in /var/log/messages, I just have to
> reboot.

To follow up on this: 2.2.18pre18 does not freeze on sleep or wakeup on my
Lombard (no CD in drive, CD in drive, CD mounted, regardless).

It does freeze, however, when I snooze the machine while using software
cursor. Seems the software cursor interrupt needs to be stopped before
turning off the display :-) Question: is software cursor support worth the
hassle?

	Michael