Lombard Sleep Crash (Was: 2.2.18pre17 again)

Albrecht Dre_ ad at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Fri Nov 3 02:28:44 EST 2000

Claus wrote:
> if you panic'ed with the CD module inserted, would you try to snooze without it?

Got it. Without the cd drive module inserted, it does not panic. Apparently, it
is enough that there is a CD drive at all, because there was no CD inserted or
mounted. IMHO, this is a serious kernel bug. Anyone out there to fix this?

BTW, in an other approach, I rsync'ed Paul's linux-pmac-stable, but with this
one the pmud does not start at all as it can not open /dev/adb...

> or try this one:
[c code snipped]

Again, I _really_ think this should go into the kernel...

Thanks a lot, Albrecht.