ide_dmaproc - YaBoot

Henning Loeser Henning.Loeser at Physik.Uni-Marburg.DE
Mon May 29 00:35:13 EST 2000

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Ethan Benson wrote:
> yaboot will not work on oldworld macs, you need to use quik instead.
Ok

> > Well I do encounter strange Problems ...
>
> seems typical of bootx lately...
>
> > So should I go through the hassel of installing yaboot?
>
> no because it would be a waste of time since it won't work ;-)  you
> should go to the hassle of installing quik instead. (hint use debian
> quik it actually works)

Well beeing lazy I would only do that if it does promise some progress in
getting the card to work. I'll see what I can find out about quik, but
maybe I have to give it a try to find out ... :-(

Something else seems to be fishy aswell maybe the driver (???) or
whatever. I went ahead and tried a new 2.4.0test1-ac1 kernel and all of
the sudden the driver doesn't even see the drive any more ... :
AEC6260R: IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 68
AEC6260R: chipset revision 1
AEC6260R: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
AEC6260R: ROM enabled at 0x80810000
AEC6260: reg49h=0x00 ATA-66 Cable Port0
    ide0: BM-DMA at 0x0800-0x0807, BIOS settings: hda:pio, hdb:pio
AEC6260: reg49h=0x00 ATA-66 Cable Port1
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0x0808-0x080f, BIOS settings: hdc:pio, hdd:pio
hda: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, ATA DISK drive
ide0 at 0x840-0x847,0x000 on irq 23
hda: 187353000 sectors (95925 MB) w/11565KiB Cache, CHS=23130/90/90
hda: INVALID GEOMETRY: 90 PHYSICAL HEADS?

and then doesn't even enable the drive. I emailed that to Andre Hedrick to
see whether he knows whats going on.

Henning

Henning Loeser					      Fachbereich Physik
email: henning.loeser at physik.uni-marburg.de	      AG Oberflaechen
						      Philipps-Uni Marburg