Debian pmud package available

Robert Thompson rothomp3 at vt.edu
Sun May 28 11:58:36 EST 2000

on 5/26/00 5:25 AM, Michael Schmitz at
schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

>> Sorry to step in this thread, but I am interested in having those
>> power management capabilities on my Pismo too. I use LinuxPPC 2000
>> (2.2.15pre19)
>>
>> Where can I get the RPMS or tar files.
>
> http://www3.jvc.nl/linuxppc/

OK, so, I got the source, applied the patch I found, and built it. Well, I
tried to... it failed because pmu.h redeclared something that was in some
system header of the same name... I commented out the thing in pmu.h
(something about PMU_TYPE) and it compiled... but I was worried, because the
thing I commented out had a comment saying /* iBook */ and I happen to be
using an iBook SE. But, anything to get it to compile, right? It appears to
report battery status correctly. I'm using the latest rsync kernel. But when
I try to put the machine to sleep, it starts saying "hda: lost interrupt"
and becomes unusable. Also, it should be noted that the iBook's CD-ROM *is*
hdc (I seem to remember that being a question earlier). Any ideas?

Later,
Robbie Thompson