Powerbook hard freeze summary (sort of)

Albrecht Dress adress at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Thu May 25 08:22:24 EST 2000

> Is there somebody out there having a >=400 Mhz Lombard
> and Pismo who is _not encountering hard freezes_ under high pressure?
> (Preferably with more that 64MB. Because I never got the hard freeze
> when I only used 64MB with the mem=64MB switch.)

Hi Bernhard,

we have a Lombard, 333 MHz, 320 MB Ram, and two Pismo's, 500 MHz, 384 MB
Ram each, and all run without any problems with LinuxPPC 2000, but with
the kernel upgraded to 2.2.15pre20.  I ran the HINT benchmark on all
machines (which should be some kind of high pressure), and a colleague ran
data reduction software on one of the PISMO's (high preasure, too).
Again, no problems/freezes yet (which, as I hope, will last.. ;-)

Yours, Albrecht.