memory pb on Pismo... rumors or reality...

Michel Dänzer daenzer at relog.ch
Wed May 24 01:42:07 EST 2000

Francois Felix Ingrand wrote:

> I plan to add some mem to my pismo (64->192)... should I fear Linux crashs?

I've experienced a hard lockup on Sunday running a self-compiled 2.2.15
(rsync'd on Sunday from pmac-stable) on my 400 Mhz Pismo with 64 MB RAM. The
machine was up for about 12 hours and it happened during high CPU, disk and
network activity (I was downloading several 100 MB from another machine on the
LAN while building a kernel).

Looks like you can add me to the club :-/

Michel

--
...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS