Today's rsync of linux-pmac-devel -- Running "more /proc/ppc_htab" causes a kernel check.

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 17 18:28:42 EST 2000

Miles Lane wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would include more detailed info (like a symbolic stack trace),
> but I have found no information on how to collect symbolic
> traces and noone has responded to my request on linuxppc-user
> about it.

I remember several reports about this in the past weeks. Just for the
record: I never had this problem, neither with the pmac-devel nor with
the bitkeeper kernels. So this must be machine or option specific.

root[98]#more /proc/ppc_htab
No Hash Table used
Non-error misses: 002ce1b8
Error misses    : 00000000
root[99]#cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.3.99-pre9 (root at chezmoi) (gcc version 2.95.3 19991030
(prerelease/franzo)) #52 Mon May 15 11:55:59 CEST 2000

--
Martin