Promise Ultra/66

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Wed May 17 06:39:32 EST 2000

Hi there,

On  16 May, this message from Simon Piette echoed through cyberspace:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to get working a Promise Ultra/66 (BIOS v 1.14) on
> a 2.2.12 kernel and/or a 2.2.15 kernel both from kernel.org, as Michael
                                                                  ^^^^^^^
Make that Michel, but never mind ;-)

> Lanners used those. I would like to have it to work on a Umax J700/180
> (the actual machine) and a StarMax 3200/240
>
> For the former (2.2.12 kernel), I got the ide-2.2.12 patch form Andre
> Hedrick (http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick)
> and applied the patch from Michael Lanners
> (http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-dev/199909/msg00146.html)

Forget about these old patches. Go to my PCI page:

http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/linux/dev/pci.html

and get yourself my latest patches for either 2.2.15 (kernel.org) or
2.3.99-pre7 (linuxcare.au) kernels. For 2.2.15, you need Andre's patches
in addition to mine. Apply his IDE patches first.

Have fun!

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |